Saturday, March 24, 2012

Missing in Morgan Hill: Sierra Lamar

Sierra LaMar, missing since March 16th.
This is a case I probably should have posted up a while ago. Sierra LaMar, a 15-year-old from Morgan Hill, CA, went missing a week ago on her way to catch her bus to school. Since then, police have recovered her purse and some of her clothing neatly folded and stuffed in a bag. Her cell phone was found less than a mile from her home in the complete opposite direction of her school. Her case is being treated as a missing persons case and, so far, there are very few leads.
Sex offender's in the area where Sierra went missing are being questioned, which leads us to a rather disturbing detail in this case. Her father, Steve LaMar, is a registered sex offender, pleading guilty in 2007, supposedly because he got bad legal advice. I don't know the exact details of that case, but he is currently on probation for committing lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14 years of age. Police are saying he is not a suspect, and maybe he did have nothing to do with his daughter's disappearance, but I still find it suspicious that her phone was found not far from home and dad has a case of kiddie boppin' in his recent past. His friends and family are downplaying this tidbit of information, saying it's not relevant and distracts from the search for Sierra. Maybe, maybe not, but it probably shouldn't be swept under the carpet and dismissed so easily.
It's possible this could be a case of a girl taking off, but Sierra, according to friends and family, doesn't have a history of running away. It's seems likelier that she was abducted, but whether it was by a stranger or someone she knew, no one knows yet. The fact that her phone was found doesn't bode well for this ending with a happy reunion. What teen, or adult for that matter, would just dump their phone somewhere? Then for it to found so close to home. If my phone isn't on a charger, it's within arms reach or already in my hand, and from what we know about teens and phones, they don't give them up willingly. I'll refer you to the case of the teen girl that shot her dad with an arrow because he took her cell phone as an example.
I hope for the best in this case. There are too many similar tales of girls gone missing that don't end well, my inner pessimist doesn't like for me to get my hopes up, but I'd like to see that downer bitch pessimism proven wrong this time. I want this girl to be found alive and well. So let's keep our eyes peeled for Sierra LaMar and maybe we can bring this girl home, safe and sound.

1 comment:

  1. Good job keeping Sierra's name, story and picture out there!

    Her mother is the most suspicious one though, in my opinion, from her interviews. Her father should be fully investigated, especially due to his past, but I think the mother knows what happened to her daughter and who did it. She apparently knows/thinks Sierra is not alive, as she constantly speaks of her in past tense. :(

    If people don't want their kids anymore, WHY don't they just give them to someone who does?? Is it "easier" for them to just "get rid" of their kids fir good (in their minds)? I don't understand it and I don't think I ever will.

    ReplyDelete