Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stephanie Decker....You're a Hero

Hero Mom, Stephanie Decker and her family....
We usually write up a load of shit that amuses us and hopefully you too....But Boo passed a link to me before and said it was a feel good story, I checked it out and sure as shit...Yep I feel good.  I want to give a special shout out to Louisville, KY's, Stephanie Decker, 37 year old wife and mother of two, a boy Dominick 8, and a girl Reese 5.

Last weeks tornadoes that ripped across the heartland, leveled and tore apart many homes, they also took many lives and it's one of the sad, confusing, Angry-Earth type things I hate hearing about.  People losing homes, possessions, and most importantly their loved ones. Tornadoes are real bastards that leave nothing but destruction and chaos in its wake...most people are lucky to be able to fend for themselves, just to make it out alive. But Stephanie Decker put herself last and made the brave but costly decision to save her two young kids.

Friday, 140 twisters were reported to have made landings, leaving 39 people dead. The Decker family was right in the path of this BadAssBitch of  a Storm....

"I assumed I was safe and I heard the roar like a train, and I heard it behind me, and I knew it was coming," she recalled today. "And it was so loud that I knew that I needed to do something different. I knew staying put wasn't going to work."

Stephanie grabbed the kids and headed to the basement of the home she always thought would protect her.  She grabbed a comforter, got the kids under neath it and covered them up with herself.  

"My daughter said, 'Mommy, I don't like this,' and I said, 'I know honey,'" Decker said. "I could see the wind. I could see the window blew out and the house burst."

The house this family made a home came crashing down around them, debris falling upon Stephanie and crushing her legs.  But her son and daughter were safe, totally unscathed.  When Dominick saw that his mommy was hurt he ran to get help from neighbors...His mother is calling him the hero.

 "I remember the whole thing," she said. "I stayed conscious the whole time. I couldn't afford [to pass out]. They needed me. They had to have me, so I had to figure out what to do. And my son is a hero. He went to get help."
Both of her legs had to be amputated, one right below the knee, and the other just above it.  She also has several broken ribs and a punctured lung...
 "I knew my leg was barely attached or it was severed. I didn't know which but I knew it was bad. If I didn't get help soon, I was going to bleed out," Decker told ABC News, which interviewed her Monday night from her hospital bed in Louisville, Ky.

Stephanie recovering from her leg amputations.
We hear so many stories of  welfare whore/mothers and deadbeat/fathers abusing their kids, putting their own drug addictions and toxic relationships with abusers before the safety and welfare of those precious gifts, that this is just a little nugget of what true love for your children looks like. Stephanie Decker, you kick all sorts of ass and you're one hell of a mom.  Her spirits are high knowing her kids are safe. She's a good looking woman to start with, but her inner beauty shines thru even in the hospital bed, her face and body swollen from the house that crashed down on her.  Good show I say, Ms Decker...You're my Hero.

**Here is a link to an interview with Stephanie and her family

 http://abcnews.go.com/US/hero-mom-stephanie-decker-recounts-saving-kids-tornado/story?id=15854664#.T1bQW3nAETA

4 comments:

  1. Great write up, Shan-a-rama-dingdong...maybe we can make it a point to include some heartwarming news...crime shit, celebrity shit, stupid shit and feel good shit...I hope Decker has all the support she needs to adjust to having lost her legs...she really is one of those phenomenal examples of a mother that truly loves her kids. So much she sacrificed herself for them. She's Wonder Woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we can't be all doom, gloom, cock and balls...we need a little sunshine and happiness to keep ourselves from falling into a depression, developing ptsd, and eventually the deadly... Munchhausen by internet.

      Delete
  2. That's what a mother looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Help me Jebus, The Rob Taylor...on our blog? Thanks a bunch for stopping by.

      It is nice to see mom's doing what they do best for a change.

      Delete